Batmanicure

EDIT 07/20: Please take a moment of silence to pay respects to those lost in the shooting that took place in Aurora (~30 miles away from Boulder) last night during one of the premieres. A man entered a theater and released a tear gas canister into the auditorium, then began shooting. As of this morning, 12 have been reported dead and many others have been left injured. Read more at MSNBC. If you would like to offer donations to those affected, please visit the American Red Cross Mile High Chapter to offer aid in light of this disaster.

My thoughts are with those families today.


Na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na NAILED IT!

If you've been living under a rock or for some odd reason don't like movies, then you're unaware of what this post may be about. Let me enlighten you.

Tonight in select theaters there will be midnight showings of the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises.

It's going to be action packed, thrill-seeking, Anne-Hathaway-in-a-cat-suit-awesome! So I couldn't not do a Batmanicure.

batman manicure batmanicure

batman manicure batmanicure

I can't contain myself. I originally felt some excitement for the movie, but wasn't overwhelmed with anticipation, but now I'm itching to get in that theater.

Though the Batmanicure isn't really with the theme of The Dark Knight Rises (he doesn't really sport the bright yellow of his predecessors), I couldn't say no to a yellow. This one's Need Sunglasses? (OPI). Each little Batman symbol was done freehand with my favorite striping brush, Black, from Color Madric.

Just for fun here's quite possibly the best promo I've seen for The Dark Knight Rises.

Source: http://rorydean.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/the-dark-knight-2011-blu-ray/

15 comments :

  1. This is awesome! Batmanicure :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, you did an amazing job.
    I'm pretty dying to go see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I was impressed over how accurately you had placed the bat-stamps on your nails. Then I realized that you freehanded them, and "impressed" doesn't at all cover how this perfect mani makes me feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! They look absolutly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! At first I thought the bats were stickers. Nice work.
    I wanna see the new batman movie too but it'll take ages til it comes here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the word play just as much as the actual manicure! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice :D
    I like that yellow nail polish *.*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, i know a lot of people anticipating this film!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THESE! The movie was so awesome.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome manicure, very original! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, I know it sounds like you live near Boulder, but after hearing about that shooting in CO, I got worried about you. Just checking to make sure you are ok. I love the manicure, and saw it this morning when I woke up...when I heard the news about the shooting, you (a complete stranger, I know) were the first person I thought of. Hope you are alright and my thoughts are with the entire state of CO during this time of tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This mani is awesome! Your bats turned out great!
    lmao I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy comments of all types! However, please do NOT promote your blog through the comments of my own. If you would like to contact me personally, please use the Contact and Disclosure page at the top of my blog. Thank you and enjoy!